Friday, November 25, 2016

Genius Hour

                          Learn how to speak fluent German

week one / two:
I have started doing the app Duolingo and I would highly suggest  it to others. Right now I am learning how to say mom, dad, kids, boys and girls. Also I am learning how to spell and know what nouns to put in front of names like these ones. so fare the nouns are the most challenging. I half the time don't know what are the right nouns.

week three / four: 
Now for Duolingo I have started doing a continuation of  the last two weeks but now they have added in times of day. For example morning, afternoon, evening and much more. Personally I mix up the words in German afternoon and evening. Even though the word are not that similar I always somehow seem to get the two confused. I forgote to mention that I am still working on picking the right nouns in German. But I think that I am getting a little better. I have remembered a lot more then I did the first two weeks.


Week five/six:
 These last two weeks I think that I have learned the most. These last  two weeks I have learned a lot on the app I have unlocked two knew sections I have unlocked food and animals.I also figured out that on the section animals when you are about halfway through the lesson there is this one challenge where there is a sentence in German and you have to repeat it into the microphone and the app will tell you if you said it correctly. 

Overall:
I really enjoyed using this app I think that I am still going to be using it in the future to extend my knowledge and understanding of German. I would recommend this app to people in particular that like to visualize things because I found that when I used this app they where very visual. If you got something wrong the screen would not just have an x on it there would be the correct answer beside it. For me sometimes if there is a different language I might know all the words but I can get confused because the people are talking very fast. So therefor one of the things that I really enjoyed about this app was that when it said to write out the German word there was a button with a turtle on it so you have the option of the person saying it slow to you, because if you are like me that seems to help a lot.                               





This is a picture of what the app looks like that I am using to learn how to speak German. I used to go to German school on Saturday mornings. This took place from grade 1 to grade 5. Then my parents said that I can choose if I want to keep going to German school. And being a normal child I said I QUIT. I was so happy at the time but now in grade 7 I am starting to regret it because I know that it will help me out a lot when I am older to be able to speak a different language. So this is the reason why I am trying to learn more German or just strengthen the information that I know already. 


 This is a quick slide deck of what I have been learning on the app duolingo. 
In the first slide you will see two screenshots of what I have been working on.

On the second slide there are three screenshots. Also in the top right hand corner there is an audio recording of me when I was on the app

on the third and fourth slides I thought that it would be cool if you could watch me when I was on the app. Trust me it took a wile but I think that it was worth it in the end.


This is a short video from YouTube of what Duolingo is and what it looks like. This is obviously not me doing this but It gives you a little better of understanding of what I am doing on this app. I am not learning the same words/sentences that are on this video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WvnCeyZArg   

                                                         

This was my learning gurney with the app duolingo to speak German I hope you enjoyed 



No comments:

Post a Comment