Busy Signal!
I read the artical ''Busy signal'' I think that we should be able to use our I phones at school. So I am not for the iPhone ban. But I do believe that we should be using the I phones for the right reasons such as ''Share notes, Google facts, and take photos of diagrams on the blackboard.'' That was stated in the text.
Phones are a great tool for our learning. For example in math class I like to use my phones calculator to help me in my learning. like it stated in the text “Students are focusing more on learning, instead of who’s texting them or sending a Snapchat. But there’s more chatter as well,” the principal admitted. This indicates that if they take away our phones there will be more talking/chattering in the classrooms. But if they don't take away our electronics we will be detracted and use social media in class and text. So it is kind of a lose, lose situation with our iphones.
I personally think the reason why we are using our electronics is because we have adapted to electronics. So even if we don't think so we are addicted to electronics and it is hard to go a day without electronics. For example in the text it says ''Instead, phone users get a jolt of dopamine. That’s the same feel-good chemical produced when we get a hug.
while doing my research I found this website that I found interesting because most of the articals about banding cellphones in schools were from the teachers perspective on this website it showed a present of the multiple peoples perspective so people could write freely on there opinion of if Iphones should be banned or not.
while doing my research I found this website that I found interesting because most of the articals about banding cellphones in schools were from the teachers perspective on this website it showed a present of the multiple peoples perspective so people could write freely on there opinion of if Iphones should be banned or not.
3 pieces of info
-A British study found that marks rose six percent after a phone ban. -Social media eliminates 90 percent of a face-to-face conversation.
-Instead, phone users get a jolt of dopamine. That’s the same feel-good chemical produced when we get a hug.

Hi Megan! I'm Taylor. I loved your blog so much. You used proper paragraph structure and laid your work out very nicely.You included information from the article as well as explained in your own words whether you agree or disagree with this topic...Megan you also added information to SUPPORT your opinion and you also included a website link to have support from another source. I can tell by the way that you wrote this blog that you are a very intelligent person:)Megan you are an amazing writer and you followed the success criteria very well next time just make sure to check for spelling mistakes. Otherwise AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!! Written by: Taylor
ReplyDeleteHi Megan. I really liked your blog. You used support from the text to support your writing. I also liked how you explained your thinking and you where not just like i agree or disagree. You also followed the sissisa critera very well and I could tell that you did not rush this writing. But I wish you looked it over your spelling. But over all you did an amazing job. By Luke .
ReplyDeleteI like the way you used information from other sources to help prove your opinion. However remember to use capital letters the beginning of sentences and capital I's. You included important parts of the article, had a good reader's voice and has good fluency. Try to use more resources than just the currents-4-kids website. -Emily.C
ReplyDeleteThank you for your feedback I will take your advice into consideration.
ReplyDelete